Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

Why Usher Audio and Audes


 


I look for to be more clear.Difficult for my English.
I was looking for loudspeakers that over 1000 euro, a significant money in Italy,can increase easy to hear for all the quality sound.
It's not easy to locate.
Often the difference between a Mordaunt Short MS902 and a Mission 782 don't justify for all tha more cost.
The road I choose was a kit for first by AOS germany:the Scan Speak Germany distributor that made for some studios:studio 12.
IT's is very well made for a kit of 900 euro pairs.
The cross over is not low cost .The sound is fantastic for the cost.You normally find this quality in loudspeakers as sonus faber cremona auditor at 3000 euro or the less expensive Opera Callas,last version.
Then I saw in internet the quality of Usher that sold three years ago the first models in Usa.
I took by Taiwan first in europe the x919.
1200 euro/pair, as the kit of AOS with the cost of the box and the same or better sound.
I want also at a fair with the help of Vincent distributor and this speaker was in demo versus 10000 euro loudspeaker with strong and ethusiast resoults.
When I speak about similar or better sound I don't speak about subjective results but objective ones only.
I don't interess when a speaker that cost double is similar and depend of individual tastes.
This is not an increase in quality price.
It's for example the difference you can find between a Opera at 2000 euro and a Sonus at 3000 euro:yes Callas or Cremona Auditor.

But when I say that the Usher 919 is better I mean about more dynamic response, more low frequencies managed with more details and
quite the same transparence on medium high frequencies.

After that results I take other models as 730 737 738.And the strong quality was confirmed.You have to get for similar sound (with only little subjective differences) loudspeakers that cost more than double as the mark I mentioned before.To have the same transparences ,micro and macro details:all what you well know as hifi enthusiast persons.

Then I got a future problem:the Usher has got strong reputetion in USA and decided to introduce new models as 6xxx with increasing costs.
This for Italy is a difficult when you go over 3000 euro.
So I look for an alternative and I found out Audes.
Finally a strong quality also under 1000 euro/pair and also the same quality sound of Usher in a floor loudspeaker under 3000 euro.
The two big surprices was audes 105 and the floor 115 version.You got the quality tha you never have like transparencies and detais and musicality before 1500 euro/pair,or with the usher 708, a new version after the 919 that increased the price..Again you have to raffront to Sonus F.Cremona auditor or Opera Callas to get the same results (not subjective).

At the other level the Audes Blues demonstrated the same quality of Usher 737 but with better low frequences also with valve without any code in reprodution.And also better medium transparency.About transparency at medium frequencies I say at the same level that you find with Martin Logan.And I got testimonials as the Dynaudio distributors that confirm me the value of these speakers over 6000 euro not 2500.
Also Martin Logan's proprietaries and professional violinist confirmed me these details at electrostatic level.

This is my story and my passion for who want undestand and check what I say.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?